Women in Data is one of the many Meetup groups I joined. Their first event took place at the Open Data Institute with two magnificent presentations:
- Jeni Tennison, the Technical Director of the Open Data Institute showed us how the ODI plans to help Big Data become Big Opportunities
- Jacqui Taylor from Flying Binary gave us a lovely presentation about “Big Brother still watching… but”, i.e. she hopes that ‘Open Anything’ provides: Open Data, Open Tools, Open Government..
- well, and here’s Little Sister meeting Big Brother…
- Inside View from Ireland: The Value of Open Data (insideview.ie)
- Open Data on the Web Workshop April 2013 (okfn.org)
- Governments looking for economic ROI must focus on open data … (radar.oreilly.com)
- European Data Forum 2013 – your data, our data, Big Data! (brainmachine.mozganostroj.com)
- Can we have open data without open access? (oanow.org)
- The Open Data Handbook (europa-eu-audience.typepad.com)
- Investing in the open data economy (radar.oreilly.com)
- The benefits of open data (vancouverobserver.com)
- FEB 23 is the OPEN DATA DAY.. (boddhisattvasiddhartha.wordpress.com)
sounds a bit sexist to me…am i allowed to click the links?
Pingback: RUNNYMEDE GAZETTE A Journal of the Democratic Resistance FEBRUARY 2013 – Frank Taylor |
Pingback: EMPOWERING Women in Data with New Tools of Investigation and Evaluation | 3D Metrics